Wednesday, November 6, 2019


Week 8


When cornered with obstacles (and we will be continually) what’s the best way to overcome them and still remain on top of situations.  Also, what are some of the ways we can combat the things In the future? While pursuing our careers and having an active life with family how does one prepare themselves with setbacks?


One of my greatest lessons came to me when I had equipment break down and I was not able to meet my obligation for one week. I was not prepared for this type of occurrence and injunction. At that time I had five-hundred and fifty customers and they all were demanding service. This lesson we covered this week has reminded me of the time I was not prepared. The lingering question was, could this happen again, will I be able to turn this situation positive and will I lose my customer base for this pending problem.

My solution to the occurrence was needing to be prepared and establish a system for quick repairs and analysis. The machines had many moving parts so I would look at schematics and breakdown everything. I’d take the time learning the names of the parts and their respective purpose and how to identify it failed. There was a lot of time reading and studying and searching and buying parts.


This allowed me to take control of the problem by being proactive and I was able to understand the workings of the engine, hydraulics and wheel motors. In addition, I brought tools with me so I could work on the equipment in the field and continue with production. Having parts on hand allowed for quick fixes and the complex ones gave me the opportunity to have the necessary parts on hand without the delay of days from ordering.  Also, this allowed me to have a balanced life with my family and being proactive with my time.







No comments:

Post a Comment